Use of your Personal Information
When you register and use this site:
- You will be asked to provide certain information such as your name contact details and possibly credit card or other payment details. We will store this data but not store your bank card details and hold it on computers or otherwise. We will use this data to fulfil our agreement with you.
- Some of our services will require further details, for example, when using the Gift list service, this will require further information to set up and maintain your gift list and allow your chosen guests to see your list details for example.
We may use information that you provide or that is obtained by us:
(a) to register you with our website and to manage any account you hold with us
(b) to administer our website services;
(d) to fulfil our agreement with you and to process your order and obtain payment.
(e) to analyze and profile your shopping preferences e.g. (market, customer and product analysis) to enable us (i) to provide you with a personalized browsing experience when using the website and (ii) to review, develop and improve the products and services which we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing program .
(f) we may use your information to make decisions about you using computerized technology, for example automatically selecting products and/or services which we think will interest you from the information we have.
(g) we may keep you informed of such products and services (including products and services of other companies and organizations and including special offers, discounts, offers, competitions and so on) which we consider may be of interest to you by any of the following methods:
- Telephone (including automated calls)
- SMS text messages and other electronic messages such as picture messaging
- Or otherwise
(h) To administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
- If you do not wish to receive information of products and services which may be of interest to you from us or carefully chosen third parties, please select the opt-out option where appropriate.
- We may supplement the information that you provide to us with information that we receive from third parties. In particular we will carry out searches with credit reference agencies.
- We may engage third party payment providers to administer and process your payment card details in order to complete any purchase that you make through the website.
- We may store and process your information on our own information technology systems or on systems owned by third parties that may store and process your information on our behalf.
Calls may be recorded to verify content and may be used together with other customer records for regulatory compliance, quality control and staff training, preventing or detecting criminal activity and for complaint resolution.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may give information about you to the following companies and organizations who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
(a) to other companies in the Group
(b) to employees and agents of the Group and other approved third parties to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by the Group now or in the future.
(c) to agents who (on our behalf) profile your data so that we may tailor the goods/services we offer to your specific needs.
(d) to other organizations for the administration of prize draws or competitions
(e) to anyone to whom we transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you.
(f) if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
We refer in paragraph above to the fact that we may carry out credit reference agency searches to obtain information about you. These agencies record those searches. In addition to the purposes listed above, we may also share information about you and the conduct of your account with credit reference agencies, other lenders and relevant third parties including our legal advisors and debt recovery agencies.
In carrying out the activities specified in this policy, we may transfer data to reputable companies outside the BD Economic Area. Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure that your information will be afforded the same level of protection as that required of us under applicable data protection legislation you should be aware that countries outside the BD Economic Area may not offer the same level of protection of personal data.
We are required to provide you with clear and comprehensive information about the cookies which we use on the site and to obtain your consent to the use of the cookies. In order to comply with these requirements we have prepared a cookies policy setting out information about cookies, detailing the cookies we use and providing information on how to manage cookies on your computer.
Around 2 weeks after receiving your product, we may send you an email inviting you to review and rate the product that you purchased. In addition, sometimes we may also ask you if you would like to answer questions related to your product submitted by other customers.
Please be aware that:
– your review may be shared on other globalbrandGroup sites.
– once submitted, it usually takes 72 hours for your review, question or answer to appear on the website providing it adheres to our publishing guidelines.
– your review can be submitted anonymously or if you prefer you can leave a ratings only review.
– it is not possible for you to edit/remove your review after submission
We may in our absolute discretion accept or reject any product review which may be submitted to us and may edit any such review for both length and/or content as we see fit. All reviews are submitted on the basis that globalbrand.com.bd or any member of the Group may use the review in any format and for any purpose as it sees fit and for any marketing or promotional purposes.
Third-Party Advertising Partners
We use third-party service providers to serve advertisements (banners or links) on our behalf across the Internet.
These service providers may collect non-personally identifiable information about your visits to our website, and your interaction with our products and services. Such non-personally identifiable information is anonymous and does not include your name, address, e-mail address or other personal information. The anonymous information is collected through the use of a pixel tag (also known as cookies and action tags), which is industry-standard technology used by most major websites.
In addition to the anonymous information about your visits to our website, our service providers may also use the anonymous information about your visits to other websites to target advertisements for products and services available from globalbrand.com.bd.
Currently, we use third party-placed tracking pixels and cookies from the advertising delivery partner. In the future we may partner with other companies to provide interest-based advertising, both on and off globalbrand.com.bd.com. If this occurs, globalbrand.com.bd provides you with an opportunity to opt out when these advertisements are served. You may manage your third-party advertising preferences by clicking here.
Links to Other Websites and Services
You have the right to see personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act) that we keep about you upon receipt of a written request .
If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please Contact Us.
Please be aware that our site may link to other websites which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked websites.
How can I get my name removed from the globalbrand.com.bd.com mailing list?
If you want to be removed from our mailing list, please send an email to [email protected] with the word ‘remove’ in the subject line and the email address that you wish to be removed within the email. Please note that it may take up to 28 days to action your request. In addition, each electronic mailing we send you will contain details of how you can un-subscribe.
How do I change any details stored on globalbrand.com.bd.com?
To change any of your registered details on globalbrand.com.bd , click on ‘Sign in’ and enter your login name and password. Once logged in change any of the details shown and click ‘update my details’.
For further information about shopping on globalbrand.com.bd , please read our Terms and conditions and Home delivery information.
Changes to Policy